In this tutorial I will share how to Root and Unroot Android Gingerbread without using Odin or starting the phone in download mode.
Please reminds that rooting your phone will void the Warranty. So make sure before you press the root button you have already think about the risk of it.I will certainly not responsible if the phone or rooting process not work as expected as in this tutorial. I have tested this method on Samsung Galaxy s2 with ROM Gingerbread 2.3.6 I9100GDZKJ2 and it works. So the previous versions of Gingerbread could be rooted by this method.
Before you start, make sure the battery of your phone enough to stand at least 1 hour to prevent the process of rooting interrupted and might break your OS. If you are ready to root your phone, Lets begin by following the steps below:
1. Your PC must have USB driver installed for the phone. For Samsung Galaxy s2 you can download and install Kies
2. Activate the USB debugging through Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging .
3. Download SuperOneClick 2.2 . Extract the contents.
4. Connect your phone to the PC through USB . Wait for the driver to be installed.
5. run SuperOneClick.exe
6. Click Root button at the top of the superOneclick window
7. Wait until the rooting process completed. If possible don’t run any other programs during the rooting process.